Most creative excuses given not to work
Jacqueline Vance, RN
Every year I like to ask: What do you feel is the most imaginative call-out you received this past year? We're totally into interactive blogging, so please note yours below. We had some doozies when I asked this before. Check out some I've heard recently.
On a recent popular morning talk show, they listed some very imaginative call-outs by people in various jobs. Let me share a few:
• "I caught my uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry."
• "I was in a really good mood when I woke up, and I didn't want to ruin it."
• "My doorknob broke and it just kept going around and around and I couldn't get out."
• "My goldfish had babies."
• "I ate too much turkey last night and now I'm too sleepy to go to work.
• "My psychic told me to stay home."
• "I got stuck in a blood pressure machine at the grocery store."
• "My foot fell asleep while I was sitting on the toilet and when I got up, I fell and sprained my ankle."
OK, your turn. C'mon, let's have some fun!
If I don't respond, it's because I just put a casserole in the oven and I have to keep my eye on it and my alarm didn't go off, I have a jury duty that I forgot to let you know about, and I stayed up too late last night working on this blog!
Just keeping it real silly,
The Real Nurse Jackie is written by Jacqueline Vance, RNC, CDONA/LTC, a 2012 APEX Award of Excellence winner for Blog Writing. Vance is a real life long-term care nurse. A nationally respected nurse educator and past national LTC Nurse Administrator of the Year, she also is an accomplished stand-up comedienne. She has not starred in her own national television series — yet. The opinions supplied here are her own and do not necessarily reflect those of her employer or her professional affiliates.