When addressing all of the activities of daily living, it is important to understand how to protect both the resident and the caregiver. In a must-attend Aug. 19 webinar aimed at nurses, aides, administrators, therapy staff and others, presenters will teach five keys to protecting residents from pressure injuries.
Attendees also will learn how to guide effective mobilization in bed, by the bed and during seating. Registration is ongoing to this session, which offers one CE credit, also at no cost.
Presenters are Maura Tierney, Karen Houchins and Melvajean Eason. McKnight’s Long-Term Care News Executive Editor James M. Berklan will moderate the hour-long session, which is being sponsored by Arjo.
Among other things, attendees will learn:
• How to optimize resident-centered care during bathing and hygiene activities
• Strategies to increase efficiency and safety while assisting with ADLs
• To differentiate the characteristics of support surfaces
• To develop a plan of care for the patient requiring a support surface
• The four principles and benefits of therapeutic seating