“How Can Enterprises Overcome the Global Employee Engagement Crisis That Impacts 2.7 Billion Deskless Employees” looks at how individuals often become disengaged and outlines the use of mobile technology as a way to reverse the trend.
Too many deskless employees receive too little communication to perform their jobs effectively, according to Tribe Inc.These individuals may find themselves dealing with:
- Limited or no access to desktop or laptop computers
- No company email address or limited access to email
- No access to a company intranet
- No or infrequent access to company notice boards
- Printed company newsletters are infrequently produced and quickly become out of date
- Limited communication/collaboration with peers in other locations
- Limited feedback or communication from line manager
- No access to corporate documents on the go
- Limited or no access to company news and updates
The eBook lists solutions that include a platform that can allow deskless workers to receive real-time updates and ability to access company information using a mobile app.
“In a world that’s increasingly digitally driven and focused — combined with a shift toward a workforce that is now primarily deskless — the key to increasing employee engagement is integrally connected to technology,” said Geraldine Osman, CMO, StaffConnect. “To effectively drive engagement across the entire organization, businesses need to implement mobile-enabled apps that are capable of reaching every employee and delivering an engaging user experience. This prevents the silos between office- and field-based employees and facilitates a more unified and positive culture that ultimately leads to better performance, retention and customer satisfaction.”