The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services recently announced that Medicare will now support the simultaneous use of smartphone applications with continuous glucose monitors.
Arjo is launching its own dedicated long-term care division.
Bulk TV & Internet is merging with another player in the field.
A company that helps elders to locate long-term care options in their community is targeting rapid growth, with plans to hit 100 locations by the year's end.
A sizeable staffing agency and provider of skilled nursing care is teaming with a Fortune 500 company, aiming to better arm nurses with crucial information.
A sizeable provider of long-term, post-acute care services has selected MatrixCare as its new electronic health record platform vendor.
Vigil has announced the availability of new shoes designed to help residents from becoming lost.
Drive DeVilbiss announced two new adjustable beds to its product offerings.
The National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care is teaming up with a data analytics vendor, aiming to help the skilled-nursing field to measure itself up against the competition.
There is a new forum for wound care nurses who are looking for help from their peers.
An East Coast investment bank is delivering a big boost to one continuing care retirement community renovating and reconfiguring its campus.
One of the country's largest long-term care pharmacy companies just got a little bigger, following its first foray into Wisconsin.
A Los Angeles-based manufacturer of respiratory devices for skilled nursing providers is under new ownership.
A provider of home-based healthcare services has found a technology partner, hoping to give skilled nursing and other providers a window into their patients' lives following discharge.
Abbott has announced the availability of a new diabetes testing system, which can give providers results in just minutes.
- Veterans Affairs unveils first rankings for its 133 nursing homes
- Big state budget changes alter nursing homes' outlook
- Former nursing home owner's 'every nickel' possibly at stake with class action ruling
- Hit with two lawsuits, Legislature finally takes on nursing home Medicaid delays
- Quality group urges CMS to reconsider dropping safety measures
- Feds suspect misuse of Nuedexta to calm nursing home dementia residents
- Report finds web of related companies make Consulate-owned nursing homes appear 'cash-strapped'
- Former Hasbro employees launch new company to bring joy to elderly
- Factoring in hospital 'observation' stays erases gains in readmission rates, study finds
- 'All hands on deck' as TB outbreak may have affected hundreds at LTC facility