CommuniCare adds 13 new SNFs in Ohio
Cincinnati-based CommuniCare Health Services is adding more than a dozen skilled nursing centers to its portfolio, the company has announced.
All told, CHS is bringing aboard 13 senior living facilities, which were previously managed by Columbus-based Atrium Centers, according to a press release. With that, the company will include more than 80 centers, spread across seven states — Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia.
"It's fulfilling to be able to extend our reach, reflective of serving the growing healthcare needs of a growing population," CommuniCare Executive Vice President Isaac Rosedale said in a release last week. "Specific to the new health care operations in Ohio, we are committed to continuing the level of quality clinical care and strength of operations for the residents at these 13 facilities."
CHS said it plans to keep current employees in place at the 13 centers it's adding to the fold. With that, it will add an additional 10,000 employees. The 13 new centers — which have a licensed capacity of more than 1,000 beds, and most of which provide rehab and “holistic healing” services — include:
- The Colony Healthcare Center, Tallmadge, OH
- The Pines Healthcare Center, Canton, OH
- Homestead Healthcare Center, Springfield, OH
- Grande Lake Healthcare Center, St. Marys, OH
- Salem North Healthcare Center, Salem, OH
- Salem East Healthcare Center, OH
- Evergreen Healthcare Center, Montpelier, OH
- Addison Healthcare Center, Masury, OH
- Canton Healthcare Center, Canton, OH
- Dixon Healthcare Center, Wintersville, OH
- Austintown Healthcare Center, Youngstown, OH
- Canfield Healthcare Center, Youngstown, OH
- Salem West Healthcare Center, Wintersville, OH