Eight children of current employees for two long-term care operators were announced as the winners of an inaugural scholarship program designed to support family members of the healthcare workers who plan to further their education in college or vocational school programs.
Ciena Healthcare and Laurel Health Care Company, which operate more than 80 skilled nursing facilities across five states, celebrated the winners of the first Ciena-Laurel Scholarship Program on Tuesday.
The operators honored four candidates from each company, from more than 30 applications overall, with scholarships ranging from $500 to $4,000.
Ciena Healthcare scholarship winners were:
- Kayla Cruse, whose father is an employee at Regency at Livonia in Livonia, MI
- Viko Mumbiro, the daughter of an employee at Regency at Bluffs Park in Ann Arbor, MI
- Clara Tait, whose mother works at Courtney Manor in Bad Axe, MI.
- Elizabeth Taylor, whose mother is an employee at Willowbrook Manor in Flint, MI
Laurel Health Care scholarship winners were:
- Mackenzie Miller, whose mother works at The Laurels of DeKalb in Butler, IN
- Catherine Pilot, whose mother is an employee at The Laurels of Willow Creek in Midlothian, VA
- Lauren Pipes, whose mother work at The Laurels of GreenTree Ridge in Asheville, NC
- Alec Sifferlin, whose mother is an employee at The Laurels of Walden Park in Columbus, OH
“We are thrilled to offer financial support to these outstanding scholars as they continue their educational journeys,” said Nancy Erwin, director of Employee Relations and Development for Ciena Healthcare and Laurel Health Care Company. “We are truly honored and privileged to be able to invest in the futures of the children of our talented, dedicated and passionate employees.”