McKnight’s Long-Term Care’s website earned two Platinum Awards, the highest honor possible, in the 2020 Hermes Creative Awards competition. The brand also received nine additional awards — some of them shared with sister publication McKnight’s Senior Living.
McKnight’s Art Director Mark Speakman collected seven awards in all. The Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals administers and judges the international competition. All awards were for work completed in 2019.
McKnight’s Long-Term Care News won Platinum for Print Magazine (for the April 2019 edition). Honorees named were Speakman, Executive Editor James M. Berklan and former Senior Editor Elizabeth Newman.
McKnights.com won the other Platinum Award in the Website Overall, Business-to-Business category, lifted by its broad array of customized news, analysis and commentary coverage. Web Editor Liza Berger, Staff Writer Danielle Brown and Berklan were named.
McKnight’s Long-Term Care News staff members collectively also won four other awards for work on the brand: Speakman won a Gold Award in Design for the 2020 McKnight’s Long-Term Care News media kit. Berklan garnered a Gold Award for Best Single Blog post (“Sorry, CMS, this time you’ve gone too far“).
Berger picked up an Honorable Mention in the “Publication Article” category of the Writing division for her “Making spirits bright” profile of Rich Schutt. And Associate Publisher/Editorial Director John O’Connor earned an Honorable Mention in the “Publication Article” category of the Writing division for “The Big Picture” print column “Victimized? Not exactly“
Speakman won five more awards for projects related to joint programs between McKnight’s Long-Term Care News and McKnight’s Senior Living:
• A Gold Award for a promotional email he designed for the McKnight’s 40 for 40 program marking the 40th anniversary of the brand by celebrating 40 newsmakers.
• A Gold Award for the “Book of the Night” program for the 2019 McKnight’s Women of Distinction Awards honoring established and promising professionals in senior living and skilled nursing.
• A Gold Award for design of a welcome banner for the 2019 McKnight’s Women of Distinction Awards.
• An honorable mention for design of the McKnight’s 40th anniversary logo.
• An honorable mention for design of the McKnight’s 40 for 40 logo.
McKnight’s Senior Living won an additional six Hermes awards.