Pathway Health has certified Friendship Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation of St. Louis as an INTERACT Center of Excellence. Friendship Village is the first facility to receive this designation.
To achieve the distinction, Friendship committed to a rigorous certification program that promotes reducing unnecessary hospital readmissions utilizing the INTERACT Quality Improvement Program. This includes interventions designed to improve the identification, evaluation and communication about changes in resident status.
INTERACT, Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers, was first designed in a project supported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Now, thousands of post-acute providers across the U.S. are using INTERACT.
Pathway Health offers expert consulting services, strategic technology implementation and education solutions for the post-acute care continuum. The company holds the exclusive, global training license with Florida Atlantic University, and provides high-quality training, education and consulting services to the post-acute providers using the Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers Quality Improvement Program.
In order to achieve INTERACT, Friendship, a LifeCare community, is committed to an intensive focus on the following:
• Delivering leadership and direction for embracing full INTERACT QIP implementation.
• Identifying best practice approaches for utilization of the INTERACT QIP.
• Maintaining INTERACT-certified champions.
• Monitoring data and clinical outcomes to identify areas for performance improvement.
• Providing ongoing training and support for the care delivery team.