McKesson’s RxO team has listed five trends it thinks will impact health system pharmacies in 2018, which it is presenting this week at American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting 2017.
“As value-based care models continue to gain greater acceptance, hospital and health system pharmacies are increasingly charged with generating revenue and improving savings that contribute to the system’s bottom line,” said Mark Eastham, B.S., R.Ph., senior vice president and general manager, McKesson RxO. “Renewed interest in 340B, the continued growth of specialty, and the ability to leverage data and analytics to drive outcomes and operational efficiencies are some of the key trends and opportunities facing health system pharmacies in the coming year.”
Its five listed trends are:
1. Renewed Interest in 340B to Address Growing Oversight and Reimbursement Changes
2. Access to Data and Analytics to Drive Outcomes and Operational Efficiency
3. Continued Growth in Specialty Market
4. Health System Pharmacies Generating Revenue
5. Consolidation Driving Centralized Service Centers