The Environmental Protection Agency has awarded a new kill claim to CloroxPro, acknowledging that the disinfectants can eliminate SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The following CloroxPro products are now officially EPA-registered to kill SARS-CoV-2 with a contact time of one minute or less:
- Clorox Healthcare Fuzion Cleaner & Disinfectant (1 minute contact time)
- Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes (30 second contact time)
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (30 second contact time)
- CloroxPro Clorox Germicidal Bleach (30 second contact time)
- CloroxPro PineSol Multi-Surface Cleaner (30 second contact time)
Clorox said it is the only company with multiple products approved at a contact time of one minute or less using SARS-CoV-2 testing data. Previously, all of these products were included on the EPA’s List N, which represents products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2 per the emerging viral pathogen policy, or they have a claim against the human coronavirus. Numerous CloroxPro products have met this criteria and can continue to be used against SARS-CoV-2.