Provider group hails delay of labor board's notice posting requirement

Share this article:
A senior living group welcomed a decision by a U.S. appeals court to grant an injunction blocking implementation of the National Labor Relations Board's notice posting rule.

Scheduled to go into effect April 30, the contentious NLRB rule would have required employers to display posters informing workers of their right to unionize. But two groups, the National Association of Manufacturers and the Coalition for a Democratic Workplace, asked the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit for an injunction after a federal district judge dismissed the case a month ago. An appeal of this decision is pending.

The Assisted Living Federation of America, which has been vociferous in its opposition to this rule, praised the decision, saying that the NLRB lacks the authority to enforce the requirement.

“The posting requirement rule is a one-sided initiative that would have prevented employees from making informed decisions about all of their rights under the National Labor Relations Act,” ALFA President and CEO Richard Grimes said in a statement. 

The injunction follows a similar decision last week by U.S. District Judge David Norton, who ruled that the NLRB exceeded its authority in issuing the requirement.

Share this article:

More in News

Dignity Award Gold won by Archie Hendricks Sr. SNF

Dignity Award Gold won by Archie Hendricks Sr. ...

A skilled nursing facility that sits on a Native American reservation has taken Gold in the Dignity category for the third annual McKnight's Excellence in Technology Awards.

Therapeutic program reverses Alzheimer's memory loss, UCLA researcher says

An intensive therapy regimen involving medication, diet and behavioral changes successfully reversed Alzheimer's-related memory loss in a first-of-its-kind trial, according to findings out of the University of California, Los Angeles.

Employee cleared of sexual assault charges wins $1 million defamation suit against ...

A former assisted living worker in South Carolina has received a $1 million award after being falsely accused of trying to sexually assault a resident, according to local news sources.