Ventas Inc. was recognized by two benchmarking organizations, the Dow Jones Sustainability™ North America Index (DJSI) and GRESB.
Masimo has received FDA 510(k) clearance and market release of Rad-97™ Pulse CO-Oximeter. This includes configurations with the integrated NomoLine™ capnography and noninvasive blood pressure (NIBP) measurement from SunTech Medical.
Dynarex has added several new products to its Advanced Wound Care line: The DynaRule™ Bullseye Measuring Guide, Retractable Tape Measure, SiliGentle™ AG Silver Foam Dressings and DynaSorb™ Super Absorbent Dressings.
The Village of Bedford Walk in Columbia, MO, has added the ELAN Entertainment & Control System. Residents can put their mobile devices in and and play their own music through the in-ceiling speakers in each room.
Enclara Pharmacia has announced its integration with Hospicelink.
HCS announced it had signed eight new healthcare clients representing 28 hospitals and 20-plus additional care settings.
Temasys Communications announced RxConcile has chosen its communications platform to power its virtual pharmacist app aimed at reducing patient readmissions with medication counseling.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has selected Telligen, in collaboration with prime contractor IMPAQ International and E4 Enterprise, as recipients of a five-year, $34.8 million order.
Smith/Packett Med-Com LLC has signed a letter of intent to purchase a nursing home in Parksley, according to local reports.
The Congress Cos. broke ground Sept. 7 on a $60 million, 160-bed skilled nursing facility in downtown White Plains, NY. EPIC Healthcare will operate the property.
LifeSpire of Virginia has started construction on the new 125,000-square-foot expansion of its Culpeper community.
Keystone Capital Inc.'s Capsa Healthcare has been sold to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, Harris Williams & Co announced Monday.
Gillette has created what it is calling the first-ever razor, the Gillette TREO, designed for assisted shaving for men. The goal is to help home caregivers and professionals shave men who need assistance.
Hyland has launched OnBase Mackinac, which enables payer and provider organizations to securely exchange medical data and documentation electronically.
Continental Girbau Inc. and its Houston distributor, Skyline Equipment Inc., have begun a disaster assistance program for Hurricane Harvey business victims.
- SNF where 8 died after Irma repeatedly called governor for help, exec says
- State suspends license, accuses SNF staff of cover-up as facility's post-Irma death toll rises to 10
- American Senior Communities takes former CEO, execs, to court
- Experts, lawmakers ponder impact of 8 residents' deaths on SNF sector; facility loses Medicaid funding
- Managing RCS-1
- SNF occupancy continues to hit new lows, NIC report shows
- MedPAC considers giving hospital discharge planners bigger role in placing nursing home residents
- Understanding the Braden Scale with pressure ulcer management
- CNAs' failure to change gloves may be upping contamination, infection rates
- Managing RCS-1
- Add Medicaid directors and McCain: Graham-Cassidy bill not the answer for reform
- High nurse workload may increase inappropriate psychotropic prescribing in SNFs, study says
- CEO in nursing home podiatry scheme given 1 year in prison
- Also in the News for Monday, Sept. 25
- Biting off your nose to spite Obama's face