Reflecting an increase in demand for slings, lifts and powered electric wheelchairs, the patient handling equipment market is expected to hit $23.4 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc.
Albahealth®, a division of Encompass Group LLC, has introduced patient safety footwear for bariatric patients within the Confetti Treads® line.
Nurse Rosie Products has added Debrisoft, a debridement pad for wound bed preparation.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted commercial clearance for DermaTherapy® Bed Linens by Standard Textile. The bedding medical device is designed to prevent pressure ulcers.
GOJO Industries has announced PROVON® Antimicrobial Foam Handwash with 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG).
Alere Inc. has announced its Alere™ i RSV test received 510(k) marketing clearance from the FDA.
eKare has received its ISO 13485 certification and CE mark approval for its inSight™ 3D Wound Assessment system.
Glaro Inc. has introduced a new line of antibacterial wipes with a modified formula that make them safe for hands.
University of Dayton master of physician assistant students are the first to wear Prime Medical's SAF-T™ scrubs, a line of bactericidal apparel for healthcare workers.
Alaska might be getting two new skilled nursing facilities, according to local reports, called Maple Springs Senior Living and Mat-Su Colony Skilled Nursing Facility.
Meridian Capital Group arranged for $135.5 million in loans for Continuum Healthcare to refinance a six-property portfolio of skilled nursing facilities in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
American HealthTech and COMS Interactive announced a new AHT/COMS workflow solution to help with disease management.
Acelity has said its BIOSORB™ Gelling Fiber Dressing is now available in the United States.
Dude Solutions Inc. has unveiled its Mobile Device Management solution. The product should allow administrators monitor, manage and support all mobile devices on their network, the company said.
Briggs Healthcare will buy SimpleLTC, the company said Monday.
- SNF will challenge jury's $30 million negligence verdict
- Nursing home settlement spurs HHS to investigate small health data breaches
- Providers could face Five-Star sanctions for late PBJ data
- Little Sisters of the Poor cite nun shortage in giving up operations of 147-year-old nursing home
- Experts argue court didn't go far enough in new 'Jimmo' case mandate
- OIG to tackle skilled nursing payments, avoidable hospitalizations in FY 2016
- Antidepressants carry much higher fall risk than antipsychotics, study finds
- UTI policies inconsistent across nursing homes, study finds
- Preparing for value-based care: Questions for every SNF
- A tiny Alzheimer's study with huge results