Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation announces NHT grants
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation has awarded seven grants, for a total of $280,000, to seven Centers for Independent Living as part of its Quality of Life Nursing Home Transition program.
Funding comes through the Paralysis Resource Center, which is operated by the Reeve Foundation under a cooperative agreement with the Department of Health and Human Services. The grants allow those with paralysis who live in nursing homes to transition into their homes or a community-based setting of their choice.
The funds are meant to help residents transition by covering issues such as first month's rent, moving costs, home furnishings, extra staff, and other transition services.
The seven centers are:
- Communities Actively Living Independent & Free (CALIF), Los Angeles
- Kansas Association of Centers for Independent Living, Topeka, KS
- Liberty Resources, Inc., Philadelphia
- Memphis Center for Independent Living, Memphis, TN
- Progressive Independence, Norman, OK
- Resource Center for Independent Living, Inc., Utica, NY
- The Whole Person, Kansas City, MO